Wednesday, August 5, 2009

10 Things I Love About Dan

1. His ability to make people laugh.
He always knows when to say something funny when you need it (and you don't know you need it until he does it!) Just ask him about his voices!
2. He is a great father.
No matter how busy he is he always there for Daniel. Especially now that Daniel is a teen!
3. He is opinionated.
He is never afraid to say what he feels, thinks, or likes (or dislikes).
4. He is confidant.
This kind of goes along with number 3. He has the confidence to say what is on his mind to whoever and whenever. And he doesn't worry about what others will think.
5. He is kind.
He is always willing to help anyone, no matter who you are or what you have done. He will be there waiting.
6. He puts God and family first.
There isn't much to explain here. He just puts God and family first as it should be.
7. He is a great son.
I can't speak for his Mom or Dad, but from what I see he always respect and loves his parents. Through all the good and bad times he maintains a great relationship with them.
8. He is romantic.
When I say this one it reminds me of a story. When his mom was sick and in the hospital during her 25th wedding anniversary, Dan had the Chaplin from his work stop by to have his parents renew their wedding vows. It was a surprise to them, but were happy that he did that!
9. He is the best husband.
We have been through some tough times during our marriage, but he has (and still is) been there when I need him. He helps me with a smile, joke and a plan. And he is a great provider to me and his family. To me, he is a great example of what a husband should be.
10. He is so smart.
And he keeps on learning! I know his Mom is very proud of him. I joke that he needs to write a book on all the information he has stored in his brain. He was always there to help me with my homework in school and he still continues to help when I need some information. He is the go to man!

I just want to say "Happy Birthday Dan!" I'm so glad to have you in my life. I cannot imagine what life would be like without you. You are so wonderful. Making this list makes me think of many things that I could write about. Thank you for the last 15 years and here is to many more birthdays ahead!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ya, Dan is pretty cool! We like him too! :)

You're pretty wonderful yourself, Roxanne! :)

Daniel too! :)