Monday, November 10, 2008

Temple Trip

I snapped this picture as we were heading to Council Bluffs to get lunch after being in the temple. The house is built on a cliff. It almost looks like you could walk right out the back door and fall off. It was just crazy.Winter Quarters is were our ward youth temple trip was at. This was Daniel's first time doing baptism and conformations. I was glad that we could be there with him. As we were getting in the car to leave, he said that it felt good to be there and do the work that he did. That made us proud.
This picture is for my sister Rosie. When I told her that we were going to Winter Quarters and were it was located she remembered the cemetery that is there. I don't remember it because I was to little when we left Omaha. Apparently we lived not to far from here at one time.



1 comment:

Laura said...

A comment about your first picture: You know the wise man did build his house upon a rock. :)

We haven't been to Winter Quarters in a while. The last temple we went to was Oakland. And we're headed to Nauvoo this weekend for our Ward Temple trip. Good memories there, you know! :)

I'm so excited and happy that Daniel got to do baptisms at the temple. The Winter Quarters temple is the first temple I did baptisms in too. Pretty cool.